This Iced Matcha Latte recipe is a creamy and refreshing beverage. Matcha Lattes can be made hot and cold! If you’re missing your usual iced matcha latte from Starbucks or your neighborhood coffee shop, this recipe is for you!
In the afternoon, around 3pm, I get SUPER sleepy. I need a pick me up. And that pick me up during warmer weathered months is this: an Iced Matcha Latte.
And in the afternoon when I need a bit of a pick-me-up and know I can’t handle coffee or an espresso beverage (I’ll be up all night), a matcha latte is the perfect go-to.
· 2 teaspoons matcha powder
· 1 to 2 tablespoons hot water
· 1 cup warm water
· Milk of choice (I used almond milk)
1. In a measuring cup or bowl, add the matcha powder. Pour in the 1 to 2 tablespoons of hot water and whisk until the matcha has fully incorporated into the water. This should create almost a bit of a paste.
2. Pour in the remaining 1 cup of water and mix. Transfer to the fridge or freezer to chill for about 15 minutes.
3. Fill two glasses full of ice and add your milk of choice so the glass is about 3/4 of the way full. If you like, this is a great time to add any simple syrup. Lastly, pour in the chilled matcha and stir.